Monday, September 19, 2011

He called me Mama (or Omma) -- either way, it made my day

Ok, that comes later in the day, but I think it merits mentioning right off the bat. :-)

I think Little Man is coming down with a little cold as he was snuffly last night while he was sleeping and for the first few hours of the day.  Even still, he was in good spirits and had an appetite to match.

For breakfast he had some oatmeal with maple syrup and some of Liv's chocolate chip banana bread before it was play time!!  This kid is getting more and more mobile with each passing minute.  He even started to climb up the stairs.  We've got to keep an eye on this kid!

When not crawling and climbing, he likes to sit around making faces, looking cute and mimicing sounds.  He can also make a raspberry noise like nobody's business.  The people in the first four rows may get wet, so be prepared!



Brian found a sure fire way to make Joe laugh - he'll sit on the floor with Joe facing him, hands around his back and will say "1-2-3" and then on the count of "three", he'll tip Joe over backwards.  He will burst out into laughter and at this point, when he hears the word "two", he will propel himself backwards.  He loves to be spun around or dipped upside down.  We are going to have lots of fun at Cedar Point when he gets older!


Getting ready

On "two"

Let's do it again!

Joe Sung Min-Ah loves his food.  Big sister Liv was again helping me feed him at dinner time when I would be running between the kitchen and dining room to get the next course for us.  We started out with butter noodles (of the alphabet variety), then moved on to Elmo Soup (this organic chicken soup with Elmo shaped noodles is sooooo good).  Joe was not expecting the soup and the first spoonful got his attention.  He loves it -- just like his sister!  Then, he saw my plate - leftover pork chops, mashed potatoes and acorn squash from last night.  As Liv was feeding him (I was getting some peaches from the kitchen), I hear her say, "Joe Sung Min-Nah Gonna Stop Eating!" -- and then giggling at the "funny" she made.


Then it was play time with sister before heading to bed.  He carefully watches what she is doing and wants to be part of the action.  Today, she was playing with her "My First Computer" and he watched with rapt attention.


Liv the Astronaut preparing for takeoff

Can I play on your computer too?
Bedtime can take anywhere from 10 minutes (including diaper change) to 1.5 hours.  Tonight we split the difference.  We have a little dance we do.  I rock him until he is almost asleep, singing to him about our day and how glad we are that he is part of our family.  Then, I put him in his crib, where he tosses and turns and chit chats and rolls around until he 1) falls asleep or 2) starts whining to get out.  In the meantime, I stand near the crib and ever so slowly put up the front of the crib, which usually makes a loud clicking noise.  Do it too soon and he gets startled and progresses to #2.

Tonight he did not fall right asleep - and after about 15 minutes of crib time, he started getting fussy.  Nothing new.  Only this time, he reached up and murmured "Mama" (or "Omma").  Yes, little man, I'll pick you up and hold you for a few minutes, swaying by the crib.  When I put him a few minutes later, he was out like a light. *phew*


One down, one to go.  From Joe's room, I can hear Liv whimpering in her room.  I go to the door and tell her I love her and good night.  She tells me she is NOT sleepy at all (yeah, right) and I tell her to count sheep, boring things (like things Knit Knots likes, she asks?) or anything else that makes her tired.  NOTHING does.  Oh, the drama.  Then, she asks, "Mama, will you lie in my room with me for a few minutes?" How could I say no?  She's been so good and needs some extra Mama TLC.  She gave me about 3.5 inches on the edge of the bed (how I stayed on there, I have no idea) and I placed my arm around her not only to cuddle, but also to keep from falling off the bed.  In about 3 minutes, she was sound asleep and I got some extra snuggle time with my big girl.  I need to enjoy these times (with both kids) while they last.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment