We're coming up on the one week at home milestone and poor Joe Sung Min is still grieving, still getting used to the time difference, the different people, food, smells and pets -- and is still Mr. Gassy Pants. We feel so badly for our little fella, waking up screaming because of his gas (and constipation, too). I've learned that the secret to giving him medicine is to flip him upside down and as he's smiling, to squirt it into his mouth. The other way is to fake him out and squirt it in when he least expects it, but most of it ends up on his clothes. This boy is definitely keeping us on our toes.
For now, he is still sleeping on the floor. He does not like being in his crib and he is so roly poly that he wakes himself up about 9 times a night. Last night (or should I say this morning) was no different. I'm sleeping on the floor in there with him and the boy does not stop moving. At one point, I wake up and see he has worked his way towards his crib. Sometime later, I am awakened by crying and can't seem to locate him. Until I notice he is completely under his crib. Not with his feet sticking out like the Wicked Witch of the West, but his whole body. I had to carefully slide him out from under the crib and he was none too pleased. We'll have to figure something out to keep this from happening again.
This was another day where he was pretty inconsolable. Poor, poor kid. I wish there was something we could do to make it easier for him. For now, all we can do is give him as much love as we can and be there for him. I know that looking back, this will be a blip in our lives.
Grandma was kind enough to make dinner for us tonight -- Brian went over there and brought back penne pasta and a delicious meat sauce. It tasted amazing. Liv and Joe had some butter noodles while Brian and I enjoyed the pasta with the sauce and a glass of wine. This really hit the spot. So far, we haven't found too many things that Joe doesn't like, other than rice cereal and most fruits. We need to find some way to get some fruits into him so we can get things moving for the poor kid.
Finally, tonight, we've made some poop progress. The kid squeezed out a golf ball sized poop and was screaming when I was changing his diaper. I thought it was because he doesn't like having his diaper changed. Nope. He wasn't done. I was rocking him when all of a sudden, I smelled a smelly smell. And felt a lump in the diaper. Oh, Joe. Another diaper change? I was not prepared for this one.
I undid his diaper, had my wipe ready and before I could move, he snuck his little hand down into his diaper and grabbed a nice handful of yucky poo. I'm pretty sure Olivia never did that when she was younger. I was moving as quickly as I could to clean up his bum, his hand, get the diaper out of reach. Surprisingly, he was quite calm during this whole change, but I'm not going to lie. It was messy. I haven't missed these days at all.
Now that his tummy is feeling better, we're hoping that he'll sleep better tonight. (One of these days, it is bound to happen). But, I'm guessing it won't be any time soon. He's giggling and making funny noises so I don't see him settling down in the near future. If he's going to be up, at least he is happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment