I don't know how he does it, but little Joseph Sung Min has a knack for waking up shortly after I go to sleep. More specifically, about 8 minutes after I fall asleep so I wake up with a high grog factor. He woke up around 11:30 and would not go back down, even as he is rubbing his little eyes and yawning. At least he is happy as I am growing weary. Once again, we play. And play. And snack. And play. And sing. And play. He is having a great time talking and giggling and playing with his toys. The poor thing is having some serious gas issues and hasn't pooped yet, so I'm sure that is all factoring in with his inability to sleep too much (in addition to that messed up time clock.) Hopefully in a few weeks this will all be a distant memory. I hang in as long as I can before calling in reinforcements. At 3:00, I finally tag Brian in and drop off a happy boy with his Papa.
I sleep. Until 11:30am - a record for me - I woke up when I heard a familiar sound coming from the next room -- sounds like Mr. Saturday Night is awake - and he is happy. Thank you, Brian!! I desperately needed those extra hours and felt 100% better when I woke up. The rest of our day was pretty uneventful. We tried giving Joe some pancake for breakfast, he wasn't a fan and instead opted for some cheerios. He's also not a fan of vanilla yogurt. I was sure he'd like that one!
Brian and I picked up a little during nap time in anticipation of our first post-placement visit with our social worker. By law, they need to come within the first week of the child coming home, and once a month until the adoption finalization is complete. We are anticipating the adoption to be complete in Feb/March of 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment