The first week I was away, our long awaited dining room table and bench wer delivered. By "delivered", I mean dropped off at the end of the driveway. For Brian to manage. Alone. He was not pleased. Especially when he did get the table into the house but could NOT get it into the dining room. Oops. I was convinced that when I got home, I could help him get it into the room, you know, having TWO people it would make the task easier. Well, mostly. We tried EVERYTHING, and every possible doorway to no avail. Finally, he had a moment of genius and begun to take out one of the windows. Sure enough, we were able to maneuver it in that way. What a relief. It was definitely worth the effort. What do you think?
Once the table was situated, I could relax. The weather outside was unseasonably pleasant so we all went outside and visited with all of the animals/pets. They were quite happy to have some company.
First up, the chickens. When they hear and see us coming, they come a-runnin' hoping for some crackers, cheerios or whatever goodies we are sharing with them. They are quite silly.
Nuna couldn't wait to show me the trees that Mr. Alex cut down while I was away, in case I hadn't noticed the three big trees that were down in the front yard. The kids had fun scrambling over the trunks and through the branches and they slowed down just long enough for a picture or two.
Next up were the turkeys and the pigs. This, as we soon found out, is mating season for the turkeys and we saw Josey Wales and Mr. Drummond posturing around poor Smarty. We left them alone and found that one of the hens had laid an egg in a little nest she made on the ground. Awwww.
The busy day ended with each of the kids getting to ride on the tractor/bulldozer with Papa and then having some fun pretending to drive/and or sitting in the bucket. From the looks of it, we are going to have quite a fun summer on the farm. Who knew?!?
As we went in for the night I noticed we weren't the only ones getting ready for bed. I'd never seen this before, but all five of the turkeys were roosting up on the roof of the wood shed. I'm not sure if they stayed that way all night, but it made for a neat picture!
In the next few weeks we will be adding two goats to the mix so things will really start to get interesting. Nuna suggested we give you all some video tours of the farm and I think that is a great idea - so stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping by!
I would love to live on a farm. I used to stay with my grandparents on their farm when I was little. Hard work, but so much fun.
ReplyDeleteThat about sums it up, Bo! I know my husband is exhausted when he comes in from working outside - and we're only dealing with 5 acres right now. It is a lot of fun and every day is a new learning experience for the kids. Good stuff. Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteGreat update. Really makes me miss when the kids were little. Animals. Tractors. Lions, and Tigers and bears. Seriously. Gonna have a little turkey poop on the roof. Problem we had with goats were stray dogs. Twice. That was that.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Wy! And for the record, there is turkey poop almost everywhere, at least for now. Good to know you have goat experience - I may be asking you some questions soon!
DeleteLooks like next time, you should build the house around the table.
ReplyDeleteIf I ever have kids, I would like whoever in your family that named "Josey Wales" and "Mr Drummond" to name them.
Seems like your family is going to have a fun (and very busy) summer!
Ha! It might have been easier. And like I told you and the Mrs. at dinner, had the table been an inch or two longer, we would have had no issues. Oh well. It isn't going anywhere now.
DeleteAnd it should come as no surprise that Miss Liv had a hand in naming the animals. I'm happy to rent her out to you. You should stop by this summer when we have our "Petting Zoo Party?" :)
Ooh! We should add that to our spring/summer adventure list!
DeleteYes! When we have a date set, I'll let you know. It WOULD be an adventure. And we're about an 8 hour drive from NYC. Hope that doesn't scare you off!
Delete