Thursday, September 15, 2011

Joe Sung Min has been home for two weeks. Wow.

Joe Sung Min-Ah had another good night sleep last night.  If only I did.  Maybe I was listening to him, expecting him to wake up at any moment - at any rate, I'm very thankful that he slept through the night.  I'll catch up on my sleep eventually.

After Brian dropped Liv off at school (she looks so cute and grown up in her uniforms!), he suggested that we go over to his mom's for a quick visit.  He thought that getting out of the house for a little bit would be good for me.  As luck would have it, Joe finally pooped (poor kid really had to work at it) and I got it all boxed up and ready to deliver to the lab at the Cleveland Clinic satellite office here in Elyria.  Not only that, on Thursdays, there is an Amish farmer's market of sorts set up at the Clinic's entrance.  They sell the most delicious baked goods - we really enjoy their wheat breads as well as their pies and cookies.  Today we got some honey wheat bread, a peach crumb pie, a little strawberry fry pie and some cookies.  Grandma called us as we were on the way there and asked us to pick up a few things for her too.  Perfect timing!

We had a great little visit at Grandma's house.  We had breakfast and some coffee while Grandma fed Joe some cheerios (he mostly used his polite "Aah") and brought out some tupperware to play with.  He LOVES playing with tupperware.  It is so much fun to watch him play.  Grandma showed him Liv's train table and he absolutely loved it.  He kept pulling himself up to the standing position and took a few steps closer to the table so he was in the perfect position to move the train cars around.




I did some hunting in the closets upstairs and found a Halloween costume for Liv and a box of clothes for Joe that were donated from one of the cousins.  Bonus!!  Little man was getting tired and it was time to bring him home for nap #1.

When I woke him up, I noticed a smelly smell that smelled, well, smelly.  What's this?  Second poop of the day?  Hopefully little man will feel much better since he's all cleaned out now.  Surprisingly, he was a little fussy at lunch and then all of a sudden, he had some more paprikash, hummus and some pears.

After lunch I went to drop off Joe's last stool sample and run a few errands before picking Liv up from school.  I hope she's not too disappointed that it is just me, not Brian and/or Joe picking her up today.  You never know with her! :-)
The pick up went well and I got to chat with my good friend Heather.  Her daughters are Liv's two BFFs so they had a great time running around and playing while we caught up on things.

When we got home, Brian was a little ticked I was gone so long because *someone* had been crying for quite some time.  Now he knows it isn't all fun and games with the little man.  He was cranky and tired but wouldn't sleep.  I gave him a bottle. Nothing. We thought maybe it was his teeth bothering him so I rubbed a little Captain Morgan on his gums, took a swig myself and finally got him settled down.  And he went down for the count.

By the time I got downstairs, Liv had finished her lunch (again, too much chit chat!) and was filling Brian in on her day. She has been using an iPad in computer class and has been dropping hints that maybe Santa would bring her one for Christmas.  She and Brian relaxed by watching a "Charlie and Lola" DVD.  Man, that show is so cute.  When she's in the mood, Liv can do a spot on impression of Lola, complete with a British accent.  Classic.

Mr. Handsome did NOT want to wake up from his nap. I picked him up and he was like a sack of potatoes.  I carried him into Liv's room and pulled out her clothes for soccer practice, took him into our room, laid him on the bed and dug through a laundry basket for soccer socks, picked him up and carried him downstairs and showed Liv how I could pick up his leg and it would drop back down since he was so asleep.  I even carried Joe outside so I could show Brian, who was in the backyard building the chicken coop, how sound asleep he was.  Finally, after the 12th time I picked up and dropped his leg, he woke up and we picked some dandelions for Avalon and he laughed as she hopped over to the door and ate them out of my hand.  She is such a good rabbit.

Grandma brought over some taco salads and a hot dog for Liv.  Naturally, Liv also got a treat - some superman ice cream, which we later found out had a liberal topping of mini m&ms.  Someone loves her Livy.  We had a quick dinner before Brian and Liv headed out to soccer practice.  Joe and I held down the fort and he had some squash and berries for dinner, along with some cheese and some hotdog.  I'm not surprised at all that he liked the hotdog.  He is going to be a meat and potatoes boy.

We had fun playing after dinner, just crawling around, wrestling, and of course playing with his blocks, balls and plastic containers.  He was cheerful and funny and we had the best time.  As soon as Liv came home from soccer, I took the two kids upstairs for a bath.  They just love taking baths together and are so dang cute.

Joe Sung Min-Ah is ready to get out first and I wrangle a diaper and his footie jammies on him and pass him off to Brian to give him his final bottle while I get Liv out of the tub and start on the nightly ritual, which Brian will finish as he passes Joe off to me.  He is definitely more tired tonight and went down by 8:30.  He is getting more comfortable in his crib and no longer needs to be placed in his crib sound asleep.  In two weeks, he has made tremendous progress.  We can't wait to see what the future holds for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment