Last night was another great night of sleep for Joe Sung Min-Ah. I woke up around 6:30 when I heard Brian and then Olivia start moving around. Liv came over to Joe's room and asked if she could come in and help wake him up. Absolutely! Brian lifted her over the baby gate at the door and she peeked into his crib and said, "Joe Sung Min-Ah, time to wake up" as she tapped him a few times. No response. Without missing a beat, Liv turns to us and says, Joe Sung Min-nah gonna wake up! Even she is is picking up on this fun little play on his name. That girl is a hoot.
Being the good big sister that she is, Liv helped distract him while I changed his diaper. I need to email Omma and ask her if she had such a hard time changing his diaper and getting him dressed. You'd think we were torturing the poor kid. At any rate, we finally succeeded and came down for breakfast. Joe tried some raspberry peach oatmeal and liked it. Yay!! And, of course, had a few cheerios because what is breakfast without some of those little o's. What he loves best of all is his bottle of formula. That boy can shriek when he sees his bottle. He wants it now. Immediately. The level of his shrieking increases with every nanosecond. One of these days, it will sink in when we ask him to use his inside voice...
After Brian took Liv to school, we decided to head over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a little bit. Joe had fun playing with his tupperware, having a snack with Grandma and reading a book with Grandpa. Of course, his favorite thing to do was playing at the train table. It is amazing how much more he is standing and pulling himself up these days. It won't be long now before he takes his first steps. Yikes!!
The rest of the day was pretty typical: nap (a short one thanks to Jazzy dog), lunch, play time, off to school to pick up Olivia, bottle, nap time (a long one this time) and then it was dinner time. I picked up some pizza when I was out running errands and Joe, of course, was not disappointed.
Liv had a soccer game this evening and since it was so chilly out, we decided I would stay home with the little man. I don't know if he is teething, still grieving - or a combination of both, but he cried and cried for the longest time. Not even a bottle would help. Didn't want to be held, didn't want to be put down, the stand-by up/downs didn't help -- finally, I put on some Pororo and all was well. That boy loves his little penguin. This picture below wasn't from today, but it does show the rapt attention our kids show when Pororo is being viewed on my computer -- not to mention Brian's mad balancing skillz:
After the little penguin worked his magic, we played and had a great time. We found the missing zsu-zsu pet on the surfboard that went missing the other night. I was not expecting it to be in the dining room. It must have had quite a ride from the hallway to the kitchen to the dining room. We were happy to find Winkie and Joe had fun watching him surf around the hallway (while taking a break from the omnipresent tupperware lid). He is really scooting around quickly when he wants to and takes advantage of any distraction I might have to head towards something normally off limits. Sneaky kid!
When big sis got home from her soccer game, we heard all about how great she did and that she is starting to get a little more aggressive during the game. She said she gave a kid a little push (very slight) and was trying to get the ball more tonight. Way to go, Liv! We keep telling her that the most important thing is that she tries her best. The real test will be when she plays Emily and Lauren's team. We can picture them running down the field chit-chatting with each other or not wanting to take the ball away from their buddy. I can't wait for that game!
We finished the night with a little more Pororo before I took Joe up to his room. It took me a bit of rocking before he really settled down and unfortunately, when I put him in his crib he was NOT a happy camper so I held and rocked him some more. Luckily, he was ready to lay down about the time my arms were about to give out so I carefully laid him in his crib where he started playing with Warehouse Mouse and Winnie the Pooh. Secretly, I was pleased to see him play with something in each hand. He generally doesn't do that. He tossed and turned and tossed and turned and giggled and reached for my hand (and pushed it away) and eventually he fell asleep. I tiptoed out as quietly as I could, despite the creaky door and me hitting the baby gate as I stepped over it. Fortunately he was out like a light -- and hopefully that is the way he will remain until morning.
Note: I'd like to thank this opportunity to thank all our friends and family for reading the blog. We appreciate your support in our incredible journey. Please feel free to ask us any questions along the way. We're glad you're along for the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment