Saturday, June 7, 2014

6 Things My 8-year-old Wants To Do this Summer


The other day, Liv's writing assignment was to jot down some things that she wanted to do this summer. Brian and I were both curious to see not only what she would come up with, but how it would be phrased. Would our upcoming vacation to New York to visit my family (and be in her cousin's wedding) make the list?


1. Have less school
This homeschooled child is concerned about having school every. single. day. 
Relax, child. I don't see that happening.

2. Have more free time
Heading in to third grade, she already has cause and effect figured out. 
I think that earns her some extra days off.

3. Swim at the Rec Center
No surprises here. My girl LOVES the water (the boy, not so much) 
The water slides and being outside are an added bonus.

4. Go to a Buddy Walk® in Georgia
While I'm proud of this one, it isn't happening. No Walks in GA this summer.
(But she can go to the Cleveland Walk with me this summer and 
we'll go on a girl's trip to a Buddy Walk® this fall.

5. Go to the Cleveland Zoo with Papa and Joe
Who doesn't love a trip to the Zoo? 
Mama's not invited since she knows I need to work.  (See #4)

6. Be outside
If she could, she'd be outside 24/7 reading, playing with the animals
climbing trees and just exploring.  Here's hoping the weather (and mosquitoes) cooperate.


In her own words:











2 comments:

  1. I hope she gets to do all of that and more!
    (Will he be bringing the trucks holding down the page, or are those Joe's?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, so far, she DID go to the zoo AND learn how to ride a bike, which means more time outside. While she hasn't gone to the rec yet, she did go swimming every day (sometimes two or three times a day) at her cousin's house when we were on vacation. It is shaping up to be a pretty good summer. Oh. The cars are Joe's. And they are EVERYWHERE. You may just find one zooming past your burger one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete