Monday, January 9, 2012

The Chicken or the Easter Bunny?

What a day.  Brian was up in PA hunting so I was in charge of getting Liv ready for school and dropping her off.  I woke up extra early to make some chocolate chip banana muffins for breakfast.  Liv surprisingly woke up early (must have been the aroma of the muffins wafting upstairs) and was ready in record time.  Who is this girl?

Joe Sung Min turned on the charm at school smiling and waving at the secretary, flirting with the eighth grade girls and just being a happy kid as I caught up with my mom friends I haven't seen since I don't usually taking Liv to school.  The kid can definitely work a crowd.  But we're on to his tricks.

When we got home, I let the chickens out (I thought I was doing a good thing by letting them out early).  Soon, Brian called and I learned that egg laying chickens should be let out later in the morning.  So, if there weren't any eggs in the coop, there was a chance they might lay outside, so we'd have to be careful.  Later in the afternoon, Liv and I were out with the chickens (who knew they'd be so friendly and eat from our hands and let us pet them?) when she exclaimed, "Oh, Mama, I found an egg!"  Sure enough, there was an egg UNDER the rabbit hutch.  In a pile of poop balls.  Lovely. Olivia started laughing and said, "Those silly chickens think they are the Easter bunny.  Get it, Mama? We're doing an egg hunt."  Got it.  Tomorrow, I'm not opening the chicken coop until after 11.  I don't care how much noise the girls are making. 

Mr. Joe was tired since he had to wake up so early - he took a good nap this morning but was Mr. Drama the rest of the day. We went to Grandma's house for a change of pace and he was in rare form.  When he wasn't laughing with grandma playing peek-a-boo, he was whining and turning on his fake tears... until we started mimicking him and he'd start laughing.  This kid is too much.  He also showed off his balancing skills.  He has come so far  in the past few months. It won't be too long before we'll be posting some videos of him walking - or running after the dog (or the cats, rabbits or chickens) or possibly the sister as she runs around the back yard on her daily egg hunt...


Sharing a quiet moment at dinner
"Joe Broadway" putting on an award whining winning performance


No comments:

Post a Comment