Sunday, January 1, 2012

Baby Steps!

Today it happened ... a moment we were anxiously awaiting, but not expecting until after his surgery on Friday.  A day he has been working up to for the past few weeks.   Aaaaaaand I missed it.

I was in Olivia's room packing up her suitcase for our sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house and she went in to Joe Sung Min's room to play with him and Brian.  Joe was standing up by the window, heard Liv come in, turned, said "Hi" and then stepped towards her - without holding on to anyone's hands.  He took two steps, reached out to her, she reached out to him, he grabbed her hands and walked to her.  I'm so glad Brian was there to see it!  Livy is, of course, so proud that he walked to her.

The kids and I headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house in time for lunch and nice nap.  We're letting Liv stay up for the season premier of "Finding Bigfoot" since she doesn't have school tomorrow - on the condition that she sleeps in today and takes a good nap.  So far, so good.  She is SO excited about it - and the preceding marathon.  It is going to be a long night!

We had lots of fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa and just hanging out.  It is so nice to have such laid back days!  I absolutely love seeing how well Joe and Liv get along.  She is really coming in to her own as a big sister and we couldn't be prouder.  He smiles more broadly and laughs louder when she is around.  



May I help you?
Liv getting ready to kiss Joe's belly

...and the resulting laughter
I wasn't sure if we'd do it, but we did.  We made it up until the new episode of "Finding Bigfoot", where the team is investigating the location of where a "Baby Bigfoot" (i.e. some sort of an ape) was videotaped 15 years ago.  It just so happens that this is very close to the part of NY that I grew up in, so I was trying to find out exactly where they were since they weren't giving a specific location this time around.  This is how we were for most of the marathon, Liv on my lap snuggled up under some blankets.
:
 So far, 2012 is starting out as the best year ever.  I can't wait to see what else is in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment