Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall Fun

(Please accept my apologies for the delay in posting.  Now that I'm back to work full-time, I don't have as many free moments to post updates.  Know that Joe Sung Min is doing very well and is an absolute joy.  But I digress...)

Today was a beautiful fall day with temperatures in the mid-60's - much better than the cold and rainy days we've been having.  We took Joe to church for the first time today -- and he did great!!  He was a little overwhelmed at first with all the different sights and sounds, but my magic bag was filled with "Ahs" for him to eat and some quiet books and toys.  And he looked so grown up in his church clothes!!

After church, we go to the "donut room" so Liv can get her weekly donut.  She has fun chitchatting with her friends from school and today, she invited her friend Logan and his parents to go on a horse drawn hay ride. One of our local parks holds them each fall and it is one of our traditions. We were excited to take Joe for his first foray into our parks - and first hay ride.

When we got to the park, we were told that the line was about 90 minutes long -- we weren't the only ones who wanted to make the most of this beautiful day!!  Joe Sung Min was great during the wait and eventually it was our turn.  Unfortunately I couldn't get a good picture of Joe and Brian, but he did have a great time!

Liv and Logan waiting patiently

Joe and Brian enjoying the beautiful weather

Joe and Brian sitting on the hay wagon

Fall fun with friends!  (I took this picture before they were ready. Surprise!)

This was close enough to the horses for Joe







No comments:

Post a Comment