Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ketchup With Us #24 - Meeting My Son For The First Time


Ketchup With Us

For the 24th installment of Ketchup With Us, Mel and Michele posed the following: In 57 words or less, tell us about a significant first day in your life … of school, work, parenthood, rehab, veganism, prison, whatever you want.  I have chosen to write about a very significant day in my life - the day (almost 2 years ago to the day) when I first met - and held - my son.  You can read more about the day in full detail here.  

*********************************************************************************


The day I had been waiting for had finally arrived.
I was a bundle of nerves and tried to stay calm.
About to meet my son-to-be for the first time, I wondered:
Would he cry? Would we bond?
I held him in my arms, he looked at me and smiled
…and I knew we were meant to be.













6 comments:

  1. I love these pictures and remember them well. This is beautiful. I cannot believe he'll be three. Such an amazing moment, such an amazing time. :) YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. It was an amazing time, and I'm glad you were there for me every step of the way. Time has really flown - I really can't believe he's 3, either. :)

      Delete
  2. What an AMAZING experience for you, Becky. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for one of these special introductions one day. Wow.

    Thanks for sharing your story with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele. I'm glad you like it. It definitely was an incredible experience and I am glad I had a fly on the wall with me to take pictures. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lance. Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete