Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Post Just Because ... (He Makes My Heart Smile)

There is really no other way to describe it ... this boy's joy is contagious.  He is a bright, loving, smart little goofball who (almost) always keeps us laughing.

The other night, he pulled out a book titled, Gallop! He loves to flip through the book, look at the pictures and shout out (he isn't known for being quiet) the images.  This time, he climbed up on Papa and looked at the back cover of the book.  They spent the next half hour repeating the letters in the word "gallop" (as well as the number "5" which appears in the bar code.) With each letter Joe would say and Brian would repeat, they would burst out in gales of laughter.  Soon, we were all laughing ... and the end result is Joe-Joe knows how to spell the word "gallop."  Not bad for a kid about to be 3. :)


In other news, Joe-Joe attended his first Buddy Walk with me this past weekend.  He had a great time walking in the "parade", smiling and waving his pom-pom and paused for a moment by the big "football" as we walked around the warning track at Progressive Field.  All things considered, he did very well since there was a lot going on around him. I can't wait to go on more adventures with him as he gets older!


Thanks for stopping by and being part of his journey...I hope you are able to experience a little bit of his joy as I share bits and pieces of his story.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy. You must be so proud of him. He's come a long way since you first introduced him to all of us. You've done a great job so far Becky, you have 2 beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bexx! He is so precious! I needed The Joy of Joe tonight! Thank you for sharing you sweet, adorable, hilarious, brilliant boy with us!
    Thanks for your loveable, creative, adventurous, talented Livvie, too!
    You are raising two spectacular kids, my friend. I can't wait to finally get to hang out with all of you in person! One of these days...
    Love and light in abundance,
    Aim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! He is a true blessing and source of joy - and Liv is an amazing kiddo as well. I'm a lucky mama. I, too, look forward to the opportunity all hang out together. xoxo

      Delete
  3. That video. Hahaha! His laugh is so contagious. He is too precious. And a Buddy Walk! Awesome. YAY!

    ReplyDelete