Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What We've Been Up To Lately

Joe Sung Min is a walking machine.  Every day he is more sure of himself, walking a little faster, stopping to pick something up or turn around a few times.  He is definitely proud of his accomplishments and is sleeping VERY well since he tires himself out with all of his laps around the house.  He still isn't sure about walking in the grass, but he is getting there.  One of his favorite things to do is play "Where is Olivia?" (or "Where is Sissy?"), where Liv will run out of the room and "hide" just around the corner.  He will come to look for her, she will jump out and yell "here I am!" and they both burst in to giggles.  I can't wait for the day when Joe-Joe tries to hide too!



In other news, we've been getting ready for Liv's birthday party.  She is having a "tie-dye" party and decided she wanted to have a tie-dyed birthday cake.  Naturally, I thought we should make a test cake before the big day.  After all, I've never made such a cake and wanted to work out any possible kinks before making THE CAKE.  So, I found some directions online and we got to work.  It was a lot of fun and the end result was pretty impressive, not to mention tasty.









I was very pleased with the way this cake turned out and was excited to make it for her party ... until she decided she'd rather have an ice cream cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment