This morning at breakfast, he finally figured out how to take a bite off of food that he was holding. He certainly didn't want to, trying to hand me his toast between bites so I would feed it to him. What did I do? I took a bite out of it and said "thank you!". He didn't really like that either, so he figured he should try to do it himself. We still have a ways to go, but we're making progress! (And he is so cute when he is proud!)
After Olivia got home from school, it was time to take her and Joe Sung Min to get their hair cut. It was only his second time and he was less than thrilled. Once on my lap he was fine, but he was not about to have the clipper by his head.
Once we got home, he was all smiles, watching his big sister dance and jump around. She makes him laugh louder and smile more broadly than any one else can. He loves his sister and she loves him.
His biggest achievement of the day was his taking a few steps from the kitchen to the steps. Naturally, I was unable to catch his other "walk walks" but I'm glad I was able to capture him taking some unassisted steps. I have no doubt that in the next day or two, he will be motoring around the house at full speed. Until then, we'll enjoy his excitement of taking 4 - 5 steps, stopping to smile and clap before crawling off to more interesting things.
Joe-ji isn't the only happy and proud one; Brian, Olivia and I are bursting with joy and pride at his accomplishments. We can't wait to see what happens next.
| The silly sister who loves her brother |
No comments:
Post a Comment