Thursday, August 25, 2011

We made it to Korea ... I promise to add more

The trip to Korea was long, but thankfully uneventful -- no delays, no lost luggage, no drama at cruising altitude.  The most stressful time of the day was frantically running around the house making sure everything was packed and getting all the last minute things together.  I arrived at the Cleveland airport in plenty of time and enjoyed the nice short trip to Atlanta.  


Once in Atlanta, I met my friend, travel companion and partner in crime at her gate at ATL and we hustled our way to the furthest terminal to recheck in at the Korean Air gate. This plane was HUGE - and comfortable - and had the best airplane food I'd ever eaten - not to mention frequent snacks and plenty of movies and tv shows to watch.  And the best part, we both got a good amount of sleep during the 14.5 hour flight.


We were in Korea before we knew it, sailed through customs and immigrations, exchanged some money and the got suckered into taking a gypsy cab to the hotel. I was still a little groggy from our flight and kept taking some cat naps on the way home -- as evidenced by this shot Amy snapped of me.  I was like one of our little chickens at home: up, alert, moving around and then suddenly out like a light for a few seconds... We made it relatively quickly, but paid for it...


After checking in to our awesome room, we walked around our neighborhood of Seoul for a bit to get some exercise and (hopefully) help us sleep.  We were each up by 3:30 am Korea time and are waiting for breakfast so we can officially start the day.


Here are some pictures that Amy took last night on our adventure:






1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, you're really there! I thought I was teary before, Becky, but now... look at those gorgeous women's hanboks. Wow!! Can't wait to keep up with you guys on your adventure. And a happy belated birthday to Joe!

    ReplyDelete