1/7/2010 - Submitted preliminary application
5/14/2010 - Received formal application
7/19/2010 - Completed formal application submitted to FAC
7/30/2010 - Homestudy process begins
8/19/2010 - First interview (Brian & Becky)
8/25/2010 -Second interview (Becky)
9/2/2010 - Third interview (Brian)
9/29/10 - Home inspection by fire inspector
10/7/10 - Fourth interview (Brian, Becky, Olivia) and home inspection
10/11/10 - Final interview (Brian & Becky)
11/5/10 - Homestudy completed
11/15/10 - Filed I-600A paperwork
11/26/10 - I-600A received
12/20/10 - I-600A approved
2/18/11 - Received Joe's referral
2/22/11 - Accepted referral
3/16/11 - Learned KSS (Korean Social Services) is closing when all children remaining in their care are placed
4/1/11 - I-600 (Visa) is provisionally approved
4/13/11 - P3 Packet sent to KSS
6/13/11 - Learned Joe and other kids probably won't be granted passports until 2012
7/27/11 - Received call that Joe (and others) will come home in August
7/29/11 - TRAVEL CALL - magic date is 8/31/11
8/1/11 - Finalized travel arrangements
8/15/11 - Personal interview at US Embassy
8/16/11 - Visa physical
8/17/11 - Passport approved/visa processed
8/24/11 - Becky travels to South Korea
8/25/11 - Joe's first birthday (and Liv's first day of preschool)
8/25/11 - Becky arrives in Seoul
8/27/11 - Joe's dol (1st birthday celebration)
8/29/11 - Official meeting at KSS with Joe and Kyung Sook (foster mom)
8/31/11 - Depart Seoul
8/31/11 - Arrive in Detroit (Brian, Liv and Grandma to meet us there and drive us home)
No comments:
Post a Comment