'KETCHUP WITH US' - Prompt #29
It's that time again - time for the latest installment of 'Ketchup With Us'. This time, the ever creative and often times mildly embarrassing prompt by Michele and Mel is to recall one of those injuries. You know, the kind you makes you cringe when you are reminded of it. This one may be my most memorable one. And I can thank my sister and our competitive nature for it happening.
She raced down the hill, not using her brakes, turning down the drive at just the right second.
My turn.
Upping the ante, I zoomed down the hill with no hands. Top *this* sis!
I turned too late and hurtled towards the tree. Narrowly missing it, there was nothing that could stop me now...except the house.
Crash!
My parents heard the impact (I cracked the siding) and I was soon in the ER getting stitches by my eye and on my cheek. As if this wasn't bad enough, I had a nasty shiner in my 4th grade school picture. My stupidity. Forever immortalized.
And my sister? She later put her wrist through a window, narrowly missing one of her arteries. She wins...
She raced down the hill, not using her brakes, turning down the drive at just the right second.
My turn.
Upping the ante, I zoomed down the hill with no hands. Top *this* sis!
I turned too late and hurtled towards the tree. Narrowly missing it, there was nothing that could stop me now...except the house.
Crash!
My parents heard the impact (I cracked the siding) and I was soon in the ER getting stitches by my eye and on my cheek. As if this wasn't bad enough, I had a nasty shiner in my 4th grade school picture. My stupidity. Forever immortalized.
(If I weren't traveling, the picture would be inserted here.)
And my sister? She later put her wrist through a window, narrowly missing one of her arteries. She wins...
Most of my embarrassing damage has happened below the belt.
ReplyDeleteNo, I won't be elaborating.
Oh my goodness! That is crazy. You two sound like you may have been up to no good quite a lot. :) Love it!
ReplyDelete