Saturday, June 22, 2013

'Ketchup With Us' - Prompt #20 (My dear dad)




The twinkle in his eyes and quick smile showed his contagious joy
To hold his hand was to feel safe, secure, loved
In the Air Force, he was a brave defender of our country
As a pastor, he was compassionate and empathetic: listening to people’s problems, offering hope.
Taken too soon, he will always be my hero, my first love.




(I will try to post a better picture tomorrow - this is all I have access to right now) :)

olddognewtits.com


'KETCHUP WITH US' - PROMPT #20


In this installment of ‘Ketchup With Us’, Michele and Mel have asked us to tell a story about a great dad in our life, fact or fiction in 57 words or less.

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet. You are a pastors daughter? Like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wy! Yes, after 20 years in the Air Force he was ready for a change and became a Lutheran minster. First church was in New Orleans, second and final was in upstate NY.

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this. He sounds like an incredible role model. Thank you for sharing such a huge part of who your are with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great guy! thanks for the introduction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long time no talk!This is a great story and your Dad sounds like he was a great man.My Dad was in the British Navy. I'm a blogger now, started in March & I'm loving it.If you get a chance sometime please check it out. It's called Barbara's Blog.

    ReplyDelete