'KETCHUP WITH US' - PROMPT #8
In 57 words or less, tell about one of your family's holiday traditions.
(NOTE: I didn't say you had to LIKE the tradition.)
My 6 year old and I were talking about the different holiday traditions we share as a family. Some are passed down from my family, some from her Papa's and an ever growing number that our little family has started over the past years. Liv asked if she could be the writer this week and I was happy to oblige. While it may not answer the prompt completely, it does reflect her uniqueness (and is 57 words or less.) (And I would like to add that this is a tradition she and her dad share.) Without any further ado:
I have lots of Christmas traditions. I love to make cookies with my Mama and decorate the tree. On Christmas morning we open presents, eat Monkey Bread and go to church. My new favorite tradition is waking up early the week before Christmas to help Papa butcher Christmas dinner. This year, it is our turkey, KnitKnots.
****************************************************************************
At Thanksgiving, Liv composed a song that I have since titled "An Ode to Mr. Puff('s Butchering)" which, as you may have guessed, is about the first turkey we (and by "we" I mean my husband and Liv) butchered. It became an instant classic in our home and many around the country. It *is* a little graphic at times but as long as you don't mind hearing about intestines, I think you'll get a kick out of this little ditty.
Merry Christmas from our home to yours!
I love Monkey bread, too! Thanks for sharing, Liv! Your song is very unique and detailed. I bet you're a huge help! :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! RIP Mr. Puff.
Thanks for linking up!
You had me at monkey bread! Great post!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post, Liv!
ReplyDeleteHope everything goes as smoothly with KnitKnots as it did with Mr. Puff. Your song was fantastic!
Have a fantastic Christmas!
Love & light!
-Amy
I love that she got involved in the prompt. Sooo cute.
ReplyDeleteSave me some monkey bread!
Thanks for linking up and Merry Christmas!